Lip enhancement procedures can be seen everywhere, from celebrities on Instagram to people you interact with on a daily basis. As a result of their popularity, many lip enhancement procedures have myths swirling around about their efficacy, safety and longevity. If you’re on the fence about lip enhancement using injectables, you need to know the truths at the bottom of the biggest myths.
The 7 Biggest Myths About Lip Enhancement
1. Lip Fillers Stretch Out Your Lips: Some women worry that fillers stretch the skin of the lip so that the lip will deflate or sag when fillers dissolve. In reality, once the filler has dissolved, your lips will look the same that they did before you received treatment.
2. Lip Fillers Never Look Natural: You would never be able to tell that many women with lip enhancement have had fillers. When you visit a skilled cosmetic surgeon, you will benefit from their experience, specialized technique and the product itself. Experts know how to use any lip enhancement product to get beautiful and natural results.
3. You Need Thin Lips to Benefit from Lip Enhancement: While adding volume is common, lip fillers can be used to define the Cupid’s bow, correct asymmetry, even out top and bottom lips and improve the appearance of turned down corners.
4. You Need Constant Appointments To Maintain Your Appearance: If you enjoy your lip enhancement and want to maintain the look, you don’t need to schedule maintenance appointments nearly as often as you would think. Talk to your cosmetic physician about how long your filler will last and when you should schedule touch-ups.
5. Any Filler Can Be Used: Products that are appropriate for use in the face are not always appropriate for usage in the lips. Our cosmetic professionals can guide you through your numerous lip enhancement options and recommend products that are safe and appropriate for your goals.
6. Your Lips Will Feel Strange After Enhancement: Other than some discomfort after the initial filler is placed, your lips will look and feel completely natural.
7. Getting Lip Filler Is Painful: At your visit, your lips and surrounding area will be numbed with a topical cream before the procedure, so your discomfort will be minimal, and for some, painless.
Trust the Lip Enhancement Professionals
The Sandel Duggal Center for Plastic Surgery is dedicated to providing high-quality care in a state-of-the-art facility and giving every patient long-lasting results that look natural. To learn more about our minimally-invasive procedures or schedule a consultation today, please contact us at (410) 266-7120 or visit us online.