Claire Duggal is a plastic surgeon specializing in all aesthetic and reconstructive surgery for the face and body. She began her education in Boston, where she graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University. From Harvard, she moved south to Emory University in Atlanta where she obtained her medical degree. She was offered a highly coveted spot in the Emory Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training program and elected to stay in Atlanta to complete her training. At Emory, Dr. Duggal was mentored by some of the most preeminent plastic surgeons in the world and was exposed to the most current and exceptional surgical techniques and technology.
Dr. Duggal now focuses on all aspects of cosmetic surgery and prides herself on taking a natural approach to restoring and enhancing each patient individually. She is experienced in breast surgery, abdominoplasty, liposuction, and fat grafting. As a mother herself, Dr. Duggal relates to what women face after having children and the desire to regain a “pre-baby” body. She is equally experienced in non-surgical facial rejuvenation options such as Botox® and fillers. She is also trained in treating male aesthetic issues including liposuction and gynecomastia surgery.
In addition to aesthetic plastic surgery, Dr. Duggal performs all types of general reconstructive procedures. Her main focus is breast reconstruction, and she has published multiple peer-reviewed articles examining breast reconstruction techniques and outcomes. The diagnosis of breast cancer is devastating, and it takes a team of physicians to treat the disease and care for the woman. Dr. Duggal is passionate about the role she plays in this process and works with breast surgeons and oncologists to provide the best care possible.
At home, Dr. Duggal takes off her white coat to become a proud wife and the loving mother of two beautiful girls. In her free time she is is an accomplished runner, triathlete, avid reader, barre enthusiast, and fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
Education and Experience
Plastic and Reconstructive SurgeryFellowship Trained
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Emory University School of Medicine Atlanta, GA
Doctor of Medicine, Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Harvard University Boston, MA Bachelor of Arts with Honors
Neuroscience, Magna Cum Laude
Emory University School of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
Medical Staff Appointments / Clinical Faculty
Anne Arundel Medical Center
Baltimore Washington Hospital
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Northeast Society of Plastic Surgery
Areas of Expertise
- Breast Augmentation, Lift, Reduction & Reconstruction
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy-Tuck)
- Autologous fat grafting – face & body
- Body Contouring, Surgical & Non-Invasive
- Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)
- Scar Revision / mole & cyst removal
- Mohs Reconstruction
- Laser Resurfacing
- Aesthetic Injectables
- *maiden name Claire S Nicholas
Perkins BD, Nicholas CS, Baye LM, Link BA, Dowling JE. dazed gene is necessary for late cell type development and retinal cell maintenance in the zebrafish retina. Dev Dyn. 2005 Jun;233(2):680-94
- Losken A, Nicholas CS, Pinell XA, Carlson GW. Outcomes evaluation following bilateral breast reconstruction using latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flaps. Ann Plast Surg. 2010 Jul;65(1):17-22.
- Mclean, JN, Duggal CS, Duggal P, Chen A, Grist WG, Losken A, Carlson G. Surgical Management of Pharyngocutaneous Fistula After Total Laryngectomy. Ann Plast Surg. 2012 May;68(5):442-5
- Losken A, Duggal CS. A Meta-Analysis comparing Breast Conservation Therapy alone to the Oncoplastic Technique. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Duggal CS, Grudziak J, Metcalfe D, Perez S, Carlson G, Losken A. The Effects of Breast Size in Unilateral Postmastectomy Breast Reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 May; 70(5): 506-12.
- Yezhelyev M, Duggal CS, Carlson GW, Losken A. Complications of Latissimus Dorsi Flap Breast Reconstruction in Overweight and Obese Patients. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 May; 70(5): 557-62.
- Losken A, Funderburk C, Duggal CS. The Extended Superomedial Pedicle: Advancing Mammaplasty Techniques. Modern Plastic Surgery. Vol 3 No 1, 2013, 20-27.
- Duggal CS, Metcalfe D, Sackeyfio R, Carlson GW, Losken A. Patient motivations for choosing postmastectomy breast reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2013 May; 70 (5): 574-80
- Losken A, Duggal CS, Desai KA, McCullough MC, Gruszynski MA, Carlson GW. Time to completion of nipple reconstruction: what factors are involved? Ann Plast Surg. 2013 May; 70(5): 530-2.
- Duggal CS, Madni T, Losken A. An outcome analysis of intraoperative angiography for post-mastectomy breast reconstruction. Accepted for publication in the Annals of Plastic Surgery.
- Carlson GW, Chu CK, Moyer HR, Duggal CS, Losken A. Predictors of nipple ischemia after nipple sparing mastectomy. Breast J. 2013 Nov 13 [Epub ahead of print].
- Metcalfe DB, Duggal CS, Gabriel A, Nahabedian MY, Losken A. Incidence of body dysmorphic disorder among patients seeking breast reconstruction. Accepted for publication in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
Read Dr. Claire Duggal’s Full CV